Do you enjoy spending time on the water? If so, then chances are you also have a pet that loves to go with you whenever possible. While it can be difficult for your dog to get out and explore when they’re tied up on land, this is not an issue while you’re cruising around the world’s oceans!
The problem with taking your pup along for a boat ride is that there are many dangers lurking below the surface of the water. Take some time now to learn about how to keep your dog safe before setting off on an adventure together!
- Make sure to get your pet vaccinated for IBR, Lepto and Bordetella. This will protect them from contracting these harmful viruses while you are out on the water.
- Make sure that there is always fresh clean drinking water available for your dog – they need plenty of fluids when it’s hot outside!
- Always have a life jacket on hand for your pet – they can’t swim as well as you, so this is the only way to keep them safe in case of an accident.
- When it’s time to dock and sleep somewhere overnight, make sure that there are no animals around which may be carrying diseases or poisons that could harm your dog.
- Never let your dog jump on or off of the boat without making sure that they are safe and secure – it’s not a good idea to tie them up, but if you do this make sure that there is enough slack in the line so they don’t get hurt.
- Be careful when tying your pet outside while you’re away – they may try to jump around and fall, or get caught up in something which can injure them.
- Always keep your dog on a leash when you’re out exploring the water together. This will prevent any accidents from happening and also ensure that your pet is safe at all times!
- Train your dog early on to get used to water. This will help them be more comfortable while out in the ocean!
In conclusion, there are many dangers facing your dog when you’re out on the water together. Use these tips and tricks to keep them safe, sane and healthy!
Eddie runs a business renting and selling yachts and other boats. Being passionate about sailing himself, he also organizes groups and seminars for like-minded individuals.